6.20.2007

Nell & Emily: The Part I Never Get To See

Here's the thing about being a wedding photographer: It's an amazing job--a privelege--but after six and a half years, the sneaky ol' repetition blues can sometimes rear their ugly, repetitive heads. so, when i'm invited to document some new or different part of the wedding process, it's a real high for me. today was one of those days.

nell and emily are very close friends of mine and nell's been planning her proposal moment to emily for several weeks. here it was--my opportunity to document the wedding process from it's inception--to actually photograph the engagement moment! i got to help devise the plan (a "casual" picnic in our backyard), i got to shop with nell for the ring, and--most importantly and most fun for me--i was invited to be there with my camera at the "will you? with me?" moment.

...unfortunately for them, i got so caught up in that moment that i started crying and forgot to pick up my camera!!! casualty of being emotionally involved with my photographic subjects. (: but when i recovered, i took some photos that i hope have captured for them the once-in-a-lifetime afterglow...of the beginning of forever...together.


emily calling her dad to tell him the good news....


congratulations nell and emily!!! i can't wait for the wedding.....!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are both unbelievably beautiful!